Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My latest update…...

You know I cannot leave good enough alone…. AND I AM GLAD!  I have never liked the white Blah backsplash in the kitchen.  So out with the old and in with the new, just in time for this new year we are now into!

I was googling kitchen tile, and found this amazing product called Stick it… I went to my favorite home store first the Big Blue box, and they had no clue what I was talking about… so I traveled onto the big Orange Box and they had it and several different choices.  This stuff is amazing!!!!

Cost wise for the same price I could have installed the actual ceramic tiles of my choice and taken a few days to do the project.  I would of had to taken off the old tile, etc…..  I had this done in about two hours!

EASY PEASY you cut this with scissors or a straight edge and a sharp blade!


Oh and yes I did take my outlet covers off, but I was so anxious to see how it looked that I put them back on immediately after applying the piece of tile!!



AND YESSIRREE I put it on right over the top of my ceramic blah tile!


I NOW LOVE MY KITCHEN!!!!

Here is the before…. before I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in the color CoCo, before I replaced the upper corner cabinet doors with glass in the door and the wooden shelves replaced with glass, before I replaced all the hardware and BEFORE the backsplash….. I LOVE THE NEW!!!!!  It cost about $165.00 to do the backsplash, I didn't say it was cheap but it was sure easy!!!!



Take a good look at that horrible flooring, It was installed by the previous owners, It has a huge rip under the stove, there are several huge bubbles by the stove and fridge, and you can absolutely not scoot anything on this floor!!!!!


AND THAT would be a crock pot of Ham and Navy Beans, a New Year's Day family tradition!

When looking at this you can honestly not tell the difference and I love it!!!  It was the look I was after!!



and the cute chickens I found at Hobby Lobby!



So here is to wishing you a Happy, Healthy New Year!!!   May God's Blessings be upon you!

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are treasured!