Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I lost a dear friend.....

I lost a dear friend yesterday.... Crystal was an extraordinary friend.... she had a heart of gold, even though her physical heart was weak!  She had to have to the world's record for the most stints that I have ever heard of 29 at the last count!  She went in for a knee replacement surgery on Monday the 12th and came through the surgery and passed away!  Crystal was only 52 and leaves behind a loving husband and a son, two brothers, a sister in law and several nieces and nephews and an aunt... and many friends!  Crystal was an amazing women who reached out to everyone!  She was loved by all who knew her!

Crystal and I met on the internet!  ( I seem to have a habit of that ;~)  )  Our common bond in the beginning was we were both Stampin Up! demonstrators and were on a chat board called Sisters in Stamping... when in late 1999 I found that my husband was being transferred for his job to the Quad Cities... she responded saying that she lived there and I told her I was looking for a Baptist Church and she said "well my husband is an associate pastor at a Baptist church and I think you might like it"!  While we were living at the Radisson waiting for our belongings to be moved, she called me several times and we did visit her church!  Ron was a little skeptical of our friendship in the beginning since we had met on the internet I believe he thought I might of been an ax murderer but Crystal assured him that we were ok, my husband was a Warden and we were Baptist! :)

While we were preparing for our move to our new home, I was painting and she called me and she and Ron brought supper over to us...  Well to say the least the four of us hit it off and became friends...  I cannot even begin to say what their friendships meant to both of us, we were in a new place far away from family and friends, but we didn't have anything to worry about they were steadfast and true.  We faced some very difficult days in the next three and half years... six months after moving to this foreign land Gary and I lost our fathers six days apart and six months later found out my sweet husband had renal cancer!  Ron and Crystal were with my family through some of the darkest days of our lives and I honestly don't know what I would of done without their friendship.  Through Crystal getting us to go to Wildwood we made many friends.  We continued to share our love of stamping.  When I moved away we still stayed in contact and I was glad that I had the chance to come back and be able to see her more the last couple of years.  While now I have many regrets that I didn't get to see her as much as I had liked,  You can't go back!  Wouldn't it be nice if we could...

We traveled together many times to SU conventions and events.. She was my first flying partner, I had a  horrible fear of heights!  She was always so much fun to be with!  Crystal was the finest example of how a christian should live their lives she truly walked the walk!  I know she is now basking in God's Glory and singing with the angels!

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.  John 14:2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are treasured!