Thursday, December 8, 2011

Snow Globes


Yessiree, I jumped on the "make me some snow globes bandwagon"!!  These were so much fun to make!   Even the grand girls loved making them!
A legacy of crafting lives on in each generation!



Of course before screwing the lid on you put in about 2 tablespoons give or take of snow, I even added some extra glitter to the mix!  I must warn you though that you may be wearing the glitter for a few days!

Where did I find the ingredients you might ask?  The trees I got from several different places, Hobby Lobby in the aisle for miniature houses, Dollar Tree and Walmart for the figurines, snow came from Walmart.  Jars came from an collection, (I have tons of jars)!  Glass Candle holders came from Dollar Tree... Wooden spools from Joan's!

Hope you find some time to make some snow globes too!

Nancy
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. This is an incredible idea for gift giving and home décor. Thanks so much for sharing the idea and where the items can be purchased. I can't wait to get started! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! I am going to share it in a post I am doing on my favourite things to do with mason jars :) Thanks for the inspiration!


    michellebreau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy..........love this idea. What did you use to make the globes frosty so that you can still see inside? Thanks much.
    Peggi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peggy I don't think they were frosty, it looks like a light reflection on the glass...
      But I guess you could put some glue around the outside of the jar near the bottom and roll jar in fake snow and it would make it look like frost.. Just an idea..

      Delete
  4. My dear mother passed away when I was 13 and she dearly loved CHRISTMAS and the true meaning of the spirit of CHRISTMAS. These would be a great display for me to take and put on my dear sweet mothers resting spot. I wouldn't have to worry about the rain destroying them nor would the wind blow them down or away... Thank you for sharing I can now start making these for her at CHRISTMAS. I can also make different designs throughout the seasons of the year for my dear mother... I am so grateful for your sharing this wonderful idea..
    GOD BLESS You...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are treasured!