In the past two weeks I have gotten brave and I am pretty pleased with the results! I have 2 electric staple guns that I use for the tuffet classes I teach, but I bought an inexpensive staple gun that you use an air compressor with, it was definitely game changer for me. The worst part of the whole process was pulling all the staples. It was a tough job! The upholstery part was easy. Truthfully it was a piece of cake. I wrote on each piece as I took them off and used them for patterns! I was so tickled that it all went back together so well! I re-used everything I took off... the tacking strips and the piping! I really enjoyed it once I got past the staple pulling.
I will help friends and family who want to brave it and try it also, but have no intentions of going into business reupholstering! The people who do this for a living earn every penny they charge for doing this!
the Process of recreating.... Sorry I did not get a true before picture, but this is the tearing apart!
Below is the finished chair! I also made a tuffet to match!
Why yes, this is just part of the staples and of course the band aid was a must.
Step by Step, it really came together beautifully!