Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Rain, Rain, Where Art Thou?

I am sure it is no different here in Eastern Iowa than it is anywhere else.... WE NEED RAIN!  Oh and while I am asking.... we could use some cooler days also!

I recently traveled south (well actually several times since last posting)....

I did see some gorgeous flowers at my daughters house...






The crops down south looked HORRIBLE...  Her flowers and vegetable garden only looked good because they had been watering....

I celebrated my grandsons' 2nd Birthday....

Was home a few days and headed south again.... My mother is 90 years old (A says she is 99)  Really she is 90...  and she isn't doing so well after having her gall bladder taken out a month ago...  She hasn't bounced back... They have called in Hospice for her at the Nursing Home.. It is so sad to see her like that. Little Miss A knew that her Great Granny wasn't doing so well and she insisted that she was 99 after all she went to her Birthday Party a few weeks back...  My conversation with little Miss A went something like this...

Ab:  Nana, Granny is going to die isn't she?
Me:  Yes, Abigail Granny is going to die sometime and her time here is not so long...
Ab:  Oh I am sad she is going to die...
Me:  Well Ab, you know what?  She and Grandpa met on a skating rink and I will just bet that he is up
         there waiting for her to skate with him again, and you know what else?  She will see Papa Gary
         too!  And better than that even.. she will see Jesus!
Ab:  I know it just makes me sad, cause I will miss her!

 Please keep my family in your prayers.  It could be days, weeks or months.

Thus the absence from my blog....

Hope you are staying cool wherever you might be!

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are treasured!