Sunday, November 28, 2010

Scarfette

Here is what I did while riding back from Southern Illinois, Thanks to my sister Jean for this pattern, it is a quick knit!  I have 3 done now, even got one finished this morning to and from church!  I have an hour round trip drive so see it truly is a quick knit!


The pattern is super easy! 
Use bulky yarn, I used Lion Brand Wool Ease Quick and Thick
 Use size 13 needles, cast on 9 stitches,
row one: knit one, purl one (seed stitch)  all the way through the row!
row two: same as row one!  knit one purl one!
In each row you start with a knit and end with a knit! Depending on how bulky your yarn is it will end up about 4 inches wide but it is ok if it is not as wide!  Knit about 21-23 inches and put a button or buttons about anywhere you want because the big stitches make it easy for a button to go through!  I made another while I had my morning coffee! 

I just entered this on the Boardwalk!



4 comments:

  1. I just found you through the Boardwalk. I love this scarfette. It's so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nancy, I love it! I think that is so creative and unique. I love the look. Sadly I only crochet, but I do think I could adapt it! Thank you so much for sharing on the Boardwalk. It's a wonderful "bragable".

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute! Like Jan, i am a crocheter. Can you tell how us wide it is?
    Thanx,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, the scarf measures 4 inches wide, hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are treasured!