Saturday, May 22, 2010

Knock Off Wood project!

I will let you guess which one is Pottery Barn and which one is Knock Off Woods? (the one I made?)

I love making things myself!  In the craft room office I had a Bedford Corner Desk from Pottery Barn and through my daughter Jala found this awesome website http://www.knock-offwood.com/ and found a pattern for the corner desk and base units... So I began my venture for making it... I went to Lowe's with my trusty little (3 page long cut list) for the desk... I left it at the projects desk because they told me they were way too busy to cut it right then, it took them 4 days and then had to go back 3 more times to get all the pieces.  Lesson learned was not to leave them the list but to stay with them as they cut it to make sure they understand the plans and get it all done!  I purchased a nail gun to use with the air compressor which was Awesome!!!  (give a girl a nail gun and look out!)  The desk was amazingly easy to do because Ana is so awesome on KOW at every little detail...  It took 3 days to finish completely... one day to put together, (then another trip to Lowe's for missing pieces) then a day to paint the whole thing!  I was so thrilled with the outcome I sent the pictures to Knock Off Woods and to my astonishment she featured me on her blog one day on The Bragging Post!!! I really wasn't trying to BRAG I was just amazed that I could build something!!! Here is the link if you care to go look at it...  http://www.knock-offwood.com/2010/05/bragging-board-calling-all-detectives.html I was quite honored!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Nancy, this is fantastic! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely amazing Nancy! I went to the link, but she must have moved some things around on her website, because I can't find it. But I'm so impressed. I've been looking at some plans to make a new bed for my son's bedroom. I can't stand the one that he has in there right now, and it's got to go. You've definitely inspired me to take another look and her plans. Have you made anything else since then? Any helpful hints to pass along? Thanks!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie! Very impressive! I'm trying to do the same thing - I finally have an extra room to convert for sewing and crafts. Sadly, Ana has removed the plans for the base unit! I was wondering if you had them in a downloaded version? If so, could you pass them along to me? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Michele, I thought I had answered this question. Did you look on Ana White's website for the instructions? Nancy

      Delete

Your comments are treasured!