Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Spice Project......

Spices, Spices, Spices  they. drive. me. crazy.    Considering that when Mark and I got married 3 1/2 years ago we combined spice cabinets,  I Could never find what I needed and when I did I usually found there were two bottles because I would usually give up and think we didn't have "that spice" and go buy another one.  Plus there were spices that needed to be pitched, yes contrary to popular belief spices 20 years old lose their flavor ;-)

So I searched and searched Pinterest, Blogs etc. in search of  a solution.  Yes, we had an area in the cabinets that was ample space (a huge upper corner turnaround with 4 layers of lazy susan's )  BUT you could never find what you were looking for as many things would go flying into never land when you turned these turntables too quickly!

Since nothing I found on Pinterest or on any Blog seemed to fit what I wanted to do I set out for a solution and here is what I came up with!

I bought several cases of these cute little 4 oz jelly jars by Ball  from Walmart who seems to keep getting my money  which was the perfect size for the taller spice bottles....




 I spray painted the flat lids with chalkboard paint........


Spray painted the lids a light blue color.......


Lined the drawer with some cheery wrapping paper........


And wrote on each lid with a chalk board pin.......  after several hours and another mess in the kitchen this is what we have....


Now presenting my organized Spice Drawer where we actually know what we have!!!!!  It is in alphabetic order (it was the only way I could keep organized what I had already labeled since we had so many duplicate bottles of spices)!  This drawer is on the left of my stove so this should be quite handy!!!



And another picture just cause they are so stinking cute!!!




I still have one more set of cupboards to get organized.  The ones above the washer and dryer where I had crammed all of my can goods while awaiting the pantry to be finished!  Once again my kitchen is cleaned and organized!

Have an organizing weekend. you.can.do.it.... :)

Nancy


I partied @  Flaunt it Friday

and



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are treasured!