Sunday, October 10, 2010

the big adventure

That is pretty much what Mark says life is like, a big adventure!  I am sure this remodeling thing has been a big adventure!  I spent last week in Robinson, thought I would include a shot of the front of my home there, my knock out roses were gorgeous!
I spent the week packing all my belongings..... it was tough because I also wanted to spend time with Amber and her family.... but I did manage to get a lot done! It was also tough because I loved my house there and when I moved into it I certainly never dreamed I would leave it so it was an emotional week!  I also loved being near Amber and my grandbabies!  I am closer to Jala and her family where I am at now... Too bad we cannot be two places at one time!

Sometimes life can take a turn when we are not expecting it and I am certainly glad that God put Mark into my life! 

Webster's describes loneliness aslone·ly adj \ˈlōn-lē\lone·li·erlone·li·est
Definition of LONELY
1a : being without company : lone b : cut off from others : solitary
2: not frequented by human beings : desolate
3: sad from being alone : lonesome
4: producing a feeling of bleakness or desolation

— lone·li·ness\ˈlōn-lē-nəs\ noun

 Loneliness is certainly not a fun thing to experience..... I had been alone for 6 years, 9 months and 22 days,   I could relate to all of the above at some time or other and wouldn't wish what Mark or I either one have been through on anyone!!

I don't think God intends for you to be alone.... if he did  he wouldn't have provided the sanctity of marriage.... and Mark and I were both true to our late spouses and know that in a heart beat we would bring them back if we could!

Ok now off of my soapbox.....Amber climbed up and got everything off the tops of my cabinets, Jo Jones came one afternoon and helped me pack and Julie Nye came and helped me fill some nail holes!  Thanks to all of you! 

I did make it home late Saturday afternoon and the wood floors downstairs are complete and boy are they beautiful!!! so I took a few shots of the three rooms with the wood floors!  The paint is all silver/gray tones from Valspar and the ceiling is Silver leaf, the walls in the two front rooms are Voyager, and the family room is drizzling mist..






While we were not neccesarily pleased with Joe's work ethics with a few minor issues the floors are just beautiful!

And while I was gone Mark worked on our bedroom!   The floor guy did sand our bedroom floor also!  I am so excited to start painting it tomorrow!  We are putting a ceiling tin looking wall paper on the ceiling and the walls will be a pale blue....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are treasured!