Saturday, October 15, 2011

Why I am still Blogging....


I have several times lately wondered why I am still blogging!  In the beginning I actually started blogging so the kids could see the progress we were making on "This Old House" ..... but I also felt like it was more than that.....

I know I will lose some of you about now!  I prayed and hoped that maybe somehow "my story" might touch someone and even if it had an influence on just one person it was well worth it!  Well low and behold this week I received the following email that affirmed that yes, someone saw my life, that I had survived by the Grace of God losing my dear sweet husband.. and that yes my life has gone on.   Yes, I have had many rough days, weeks, months and years and I was always thankful for the awesome support I received from family and some awesome friends!  It is hard losing your spouse/best friend to say the very least!    I really never imagined that I would remarry! It doesn't mean that Mark and I don't miss our late spouses because we do, we are so thankful that we have found someone else to love and to share our lives with!  We serve an awesome God who knows our beginning and our end and we know that he is sovereign over our lives!

I do enjoy blogging and have made some friends in doing so!  Alright I stalk their blogs and think they are my friends!!  :~)

I know I probably bore some of you at times, so thank you Linda for your sweet email!!!



Dear Nancy,
I don't recall how I came across your blog but I check it often.  I have been reading it for a while.  We have many of the same interests and hobbies and I am thinking of starting and etsy store too.
My husband of 36 years died in January 2010.  I found you at a time when I needed encouragement and reassurance.  Through sharing of yourself, you have been a great help to me.  I am sure that God led me to you.  Thank you for helping me see that life can go on.
Linda 



Today was a very windy day outside, so we got some "outside work" done today!!!  I put together a pot of Pumpkin Soup for supper!!! mmmmm if you have never had it you should try it!!!

Here is the recipe just in case you might like to try it!

Sautee 1- 1/2 Cups of mushrooms & approx 3/4 C of Onions together with 4 T of Butter till softened, then add in 2 1/2 T flour and gradually add 4 cups of Chicken Broth, cook over medium heat until it becomes somewhat thickened.. Add in 1 (15 oz) can of Pumpkin, 2 T honey, 1/2 t salt, 1/4 t ground nutmeg, 1/4 t pepper and 2 cups of milk (or 1 can of evaporated milk) ENJOY!!

Have a Blessed Weekend!

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are treasured!