Wednesday, December 18, 2013

and onto the Family Room!

 I know yesterday was the kitchen but here is the Before of the kitchen looking into the family room…


I love fireplaces, preferably gas I have had my share of Wood Fireplaces and like the tidiness  of gas fireplaces.  This family room did not have a fireplace.  Before we even closed I had been eyeing mantels at the Habitat Restore!  I saw this beauty for $220 and didn't have to do a thing to it yet.   Someday we will put a gas fireplace in but not just yet.  Need to sell my home first  So the mantel just sat there for a few weeks and I happened to go into Sam's one day and was smitten with this flat panel looking fireplace which was only  $159. in which you could mount it on the wall if you so desired.  I was either blessed or cursed with the ability to look at something and in my mind put it all together…. It can you drive you crazy especially when you are at someone's else's house…. ;-)  I choose to say I was BLESSED beyond measure in all areas of my life.


So being that I read a lot of blogs I already knew what to do to take care of all the ugly wires from the TV and the Cables.  (cut a hole in the wall behind the TV and behind the upper part of the Mantel).  With the wires taken care of I then painted flat black paint onto the area behind the mantel  so you couldn't see my shelf that I painted black for the cable and dvd boxes and it made the fake fireplace heater blend in well and look like it really belongs there.  Shoot I may never put in a real gas fireplace this one does make the room cozy and no one really knows what it is until I tell them!  I also painted a board black and laid it on the inside of the floor of the mantel area.  It is sporting a cute little wooden train for Christmas at the moment.




The reason the walls beside the fireplace are yet empty is that we plan to build in bookcases on each side!




Here is our warm cozy family room!  I could just sit in there all day but then I wouldn't get anything done!  (although I do like to sit in there and knit when I have the chance!)


I bet you all wondered where I put the Big B?  The Christmas Tree base is actually a bent wood drum that I swapped with a friend one year when we were set up together in a craft show.  Thank you Lisa Lockhart!



Some of my yearly ornaments…...


The last thing my late friend Crystal made for me…. it was filled with candy.  She of course stamped and put together the unique box!



 And a picture of a very empty family room "before"! 


Tomorrow I will show you my Craft Room! :)  Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are treasured!