Thursday, December 19, 2013

My Haven from the World…...

Today I would like to show you my craft room…. Once again I have a room all to myself.  Mark now has his own Den where he can go to study and get away from everything.

Before you look…. DO NOT JUDGE…. :)  Yes, I love yarn.. I love when traveling to find different Knit Shops to stop at.  I have my favorites that even if I didn't buy yarn I would still stop in just to see what was new.  How Yarn (most yarn) ends up in my stash is first you hold it in your hands and feel just how soft it is… then I kind of snuggle it…. if it ends up caressing my neck to see how it feels I am usually in trouble…  (You knitters/crocheters know exactly what I am talking about!)





The Yarn Storage came from IKEA it is the BILLY SYSTEM.  Inexpensive nice storage.  Love it!


*** edited to add***  The little chipmunk in his prison attire was a gift from a dear, dear friend Tony McCubbin to Gary on his 50 birthday 10 months before Gary passed away, it was fitting since Gary was a Warden in a prison, he kept it in his office and when you pushed a button, "jail house rock" plays!  Then there is the Build a Bear "Warden" the sweet, sweet children that my daughters babysat for throughout their college life (and whom they are still in contact with) they sent this to me after Gary died.  When you pressed one foot it was a recording of their precious little voices singing "Jesus Loves You" and when you pressed the other it was "Let me call you sweetheart"  These two items have always been somewhere that I can see them!  


The above is a new area for me I have not been able to set my sewing machine up somewhere where it can stay put, in years.


and below is the first crafting thing I have done in this room.


And for my "Stampin" Friends yes I still have my supplies (I have two closets that they are hidden in.
Thankful that this is all done and mostly organized… (I still have drawers to go through!)  Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year!  May God's Richest Blessings be on you and your loved ones.

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are treasured!