Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Day #2 of my Christmas tour of our New Home!

Today I will show you the kitchen….. you have already seen the Annie Sloan painted cabinets. (which I love and do not regret painting at all!)


A dear friend gifted me this Santa a few years back and I always try to find somewhere special to put him!


The sign from a dear friend.


This "buffet" was not here before…… this is actually a dresser to a bedroom outfit but it wouldn't fit in the guest room so Mark (brilliant man) thought this would make a great buffet with more kitchen storage!  The cabinets above of course were not there either, we bought the two end cabinets from Lowe's and Mark made the middle section with shelves and I painted the upper cabinet with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and I am trying to make it match the dresser oops buffet which is antiqued.  (it came that way when I bought it)  Oh and not sure about the two chalkboards looking at them makes me either want to paint a stem on the wall cause they look like Sunflowers or feel like I have eyes looking at me.  They came from TJ Maxx.

Mark has a  collection of oil lamps so why not include in the Christmas decor? :)  The picture below shows our wooded view out our kitchen windows where we have lots of activity at our bird feeders.






This picture is looking into the kitchen which also overlooks the family room.  We replaced the wire mesh upper corner cabinet door with a piece of glass  (the picture below doesn't show it well but the door glass is an antiqued looking glass we also  put glass shelves in those cabinets). Love that we did this!  The dishwasher will soon be replaced as it leaks… arrrgggghhhh   OH and see those white doors behind the cabinets on the way to the family room well that is my pantry and let me tell you it is NOTHING like the Pantry at our New Liberty House!  I am making do with it… there is quite a bit of storage but there will never be another pantry like that one!!!


Here is the "Before" of this cabinet!



Tomorrow I will show you our family room!  Hope you are staying warm!!!      Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are treasured!