Monday, June 2, 2014

A Hobo Bag

I got an early start this Rainy Monday Morning and needed to sew "something"....  So I knew that a friend from our small group was heading out on a Mission Trip in July to Jamaica and she had mentioned she was wanting a Hobo Bag and since she received all of her donations for her trip I decided  I would make her a bag.

So I searched for a pattern and nothing fit the bill they were either too big or too small so through blog hopping I found a pattern the "Phoebe Bag" on Arsty Crafty Babe's blog and thought I would give that one a whirl.  I made lots of changes... it has a zippered outside pocket, plus a pocket on the front for her cell phone, and both inside panels are covered with pockets.   I also added some hardware so that she could adjust the straps to her liking!  I hope she likes it!




The flower is from a tutorial on Ritzy~Titzy,....  I have made lots of different flowers over the years and thought I would try this, it is actually just like some I had already made but I will give her the credit.



Have a Blessed Week!




2 comments:

  1. Your bag looks beautiful and I love all the changes you've made to it. The flower is so sweet and matches the design of that lovely fabric perfectly. I've made quite a few of these bags and it's also very easy to enlarge the pattern if you ever need a bigger one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria!! I will try it again and maybe make it a little bigger!

      Delete

Your comments are treasured!