Friday, December 24, 2010

Sites of Christmas in New Liberty

Well here it is Christmas Eve our travelers finally arrived around 7:oo am this morning!  It took them 12 hours with a 3 hour break because of the horrible roads but they finally made it and we were thankful for their safety!

Here are some pictures from around the house today!  I didn't take a picture of it but I made Christian a Birthday Wreath to take home with him his birthday is the 28th!  I also got some of Robbin's old ornaments and made a wreath that we can hang up each year, I have heard stories of how she delighted in decorating for the Christmas Season and I am sure I don't hold a candle to it but am glad I could honor her by making a wreath we can hang up each Christmas! 

I did get the buffet painted, have not decided if I am going to antique it or distress it?  Also put some shelves up and love the look!

Mark so enjoyed spending time with Christian today, they went sledding, built a fort out of cardboard in the living room, watched movies and even took a nap! 

So now I will bore you with some pictures!  Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!




Sylvia checking out her mother's buffet that I painted this week!
Sylvia with her mother's buffet!  She said she would be thrilled!

Grandpa and Christian


Cranberries, snowflakes and candles in canning jars!

My grandmother's china



A Barr family favorite!

My manger set a gift from my daughters a few years ago!

Christian

The wreath I made this afternoon after finishing Christian's Birthday wreath!



I really love how this ended up looking!  Love the shelves that I can display my grandmother's china on!

The wreath made out of old ornaments!

3 comments:

  1. you are welcome for the wreath idea! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those ornament wreaths...I have one on my to-do list for next year. I adore the vintage ornaments in this one though. Merry Christmas!
    -Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron I had seen the idea for making wreaths out of ornaments on several blogs (and had intended to go to the dollar store all of December to buy some), but Jala gave me the idea of using Robbin's old ornaments to make this one! Thanks Jala! I took about an hour, but I had to glue each end on so they wouldn't fall off (the end that attaches into the bulb!) Merry Christmas to you too Aaron!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are treasured!