Thursday, April 3, 2014

Drying Mat (project)

I like drying mats…. Yes, I do have a dishwasher, but there are always those pans that won't fit, or the dishwasher is full and you do not want left with a sinkful of dirty dishes…. I have the store bought ones…. but thought as I am getting to know my new machine I would play around a bit.   The first one I made I used an old bath towel for the backing…. The second one I did I actually bought terry cloth fabric.  I thought the towel was a little stretchy when it came to binding it.  It will work just fine, the edges are a little wavy.  I am learning from my mistakes.  I did do the free arm quilting, on the first one.


I got a little carried away with the stitching, after all I was playing and getting acquainted!


The backside is terry cloth for absorbency ….



The one below I just quilted by sewing around the squares on the design with my walking foot.

Who wouldn't want to wash dishes if you had something cute to lay it on!


I Love Chickens and Roosters…..


And here is my new friend, we will call her "Jan" :)


Hope the Son is shining wherever you are!  Be Blessed!  Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are treasured!