Monday, September 13, 2010

Frustrating Day.....

Why do people tell you they are going to be at your house to work and then NOT show up?  Well the drywallers who originally said they would be done in four days did not show up today.... (they still have corners to put on everywhere and have not even begun mudding)  When Mark called him at noon to find out what had happened he said he was at an inservice and his guys would be here at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow.... well I am not holding my breath on that one... His crew has never shown up at 7:30 more like 10:30 and they leave by 3:00.... Maybe his estimation of a 4 day job was if he had help that worked 8 hours a day?  Then there is the plumber whom I called 2 weeks ago to do a hookup for a washing machine and to put an inline filter in the water line and to install a water line for a refrigerator... well he has never shown up either.... the person in the office said he would be here tomorrow unless there was an emergency... once again not holding my breath on that one.... then we have the guy who was supposed to be here today at 4:00 to give us an estimate on sanding the wood floors....  he didn't show up either... when I called him he said he wrote the time down but not the day, he was sorry, said he would be here tomorrow.... well the problem is I have some renters for my home in Robinson and I need to be moved out by the middle of October...( I know I said I wasn't renting it but this is a nice family that went to my church and I know they will take care of it) I suppose none of these contractors know I am on a time crunch.... I need to paint the rooms they are drywalling and I need to spend a week in Robinson packing up and having a yard sale... and in between all of this life happens... precious life that is.. My oldest daughter is going to give birth to a Baby Boy (my 6th grandbaby between Mark and I this is #7!) in this same time frame and this Nana wouldn't miss taking care of the older two kiddos for anything!  SO if everyone would cooperate we could get this show on the road... I am a fast painter so it can be done...  We spent most of the summer trying to get someone to give us a bid on geo thermal heat and finally gave up on that idea.... the only one actual bid we got was 66,000. buckaroos.... do we look stupid???  Don't answer that question!   Geesh I guess they were so overwhelmed by the size of the house (3 floors plus an apartment) that they didn't think it was feasible to even be decent enough to give us a price!  So I will pray that tomorrow will be a better day (and believe me I know that in the scheme of things this is nothing, we will look back in 6 months and it will all be finished and we will have a chuckle about all of this)... it will be a busy day tomorrow..... if they all show up, the drywallers, the fireplace is to be installed tomorrow, the guy for the estimate on the floor and the plumber... so for the time being I will leave you with the pics of the walls with the drywall on them....  You can get the idea of how it will look someday soon....   

Proverbs 24:3 (NIV)   By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established;















I am so thankful I have not painted the cabinets and reinvented the backsplash in the kitchen yet because everything is covered with dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are treasured!