Thursday, November 11, 2010

Oh my goodness do I have a mess!

Well, let me just begin by saying, wow do I have a mess... I know, I know I should take a picture and show you.... Might I just say that at this exact moment I am too stinkin tired to do that?

I had the best of intentions to have the cabinets completely back together tonight.... Here is what we have done...

First of all Tuesday evening we completely emptied the cabinets onto 3 banquet tables in the dining room/living room... Oh my I have never seen so many glasses in all of my life!

Wednesday Mark helped me take down all of the cabinet doors, I washed them with simple green and took off all of the hardware... I then started priming the base cabinets.. That took all day yesterday to accomplish!

Today Mark took off work and stayed home to help me! First we put cardboard and paneling all over the back yard and laid out the doors. Mark started spraying the primer on all of the doors... It was overcast when we started and it didn't get any better all day! Finally, before noon he felt some raindrops and we set it all up in the garage to paint in there... He sprayed and he sprayed and he sprayed it took all day just to put the primer on both sides of the doors! While he was busy working away I painted the cabinet bases so they would be ready for the doors... and since two of us couldn't spray I started unpacking my boxes and organizing and purging things in the cabinets! One thing always leads to another and I ended up cleaning out the pantry as I was putting canned goods away. I got a lot of boxes unpacked, spray painted all of the hinges for the cabinets.. Tomorrow I will make a run to Lowe's to pick up the new knobs and handles for the doors and drawers! I have withdrawal systems when I don't go to Lowes's everyday, I hum the song to the old television show "Cheers" as I pull into the parking lot!

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.

You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
your name.


I did make a huge dent in the boxes we have stacked all over the house!  Looking forward to seeing what I can accomplish tomorrow and Thanking God for what we got done today!

On another note I am thankful for all the Veterans who served our country so selflessly... My grandfather James Earl Williams served in the Navy in WWI and my father James Lavern Williams and his two brothers Ross and Gene served in the Navy in  WWII.  Mark's father Robert Barr was in the Air Force and served in WWII and was then recalled for the Korean War, and his son Mike served in the Marines in the Iraqi War... So thank you to all the Veterans who so proudly served our country and allow us to have the freedoms we take for granted!

Hope you have had an awesome Thursday too!  I promise pictures tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are treasured!