Monday, January 5, 2015

Floating Shelves.....

When we bought our home a year ago, we had all intentions of when I sold my home we would put in a gas log fireplace, but we have enjoyed our fake fireplace so much we decided not to do that!  (I say fake because it is just a wall mount electric heater and a mantle from the Habitat Restore)   We have decided that we really like it the way it is (for now anyway).  Although, in my plans to put in a fireplace was also the plan for built in shelves on each side.  So after Thanksgiving we put in floating shelves... If you want to see just how we did them you can go to Southern Revivals Blog and see her tutorial!  EASY PEASY!!   We had them done in one afternoon and it only cost around $50. for ALL the shelves!





My TJ MAXX Mercury Glass Lamps!  $39. each lamp and that included the shade!  SCORE






Painted the Shelf below with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint..... and love the outcome!








That is what I have been up to besides bag making! ;)

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are treasured!