Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Bag Addiction.....

I knew it would happen..... when I joined the Bag of the Month Club again this year I knew I wanted to make more than one of the pattern for each month..  Last year I didn't have that option since I joined so late in the game... and being a newbie last year at bag making....

I have to tell you every time I complete a bag I am totally amazed and humbled that God gave me the talent to do the things I do with my hands.... I am really not trying to brag...  whenever I am turning a bag through the lining otherwise known as giving birth to a bag... I am overwhelmed that I can actually make them look as good as they do.  I am thankful for the talented ladies who have created such awesome patterns!

So here is a final picture of my first and second Companion Carpet Bag.... pattern author is Samantha Hussey @ At Home With Mrs. H     and just in case you wanted to know.....  it is not too late to join the Bag of the Month Club go on over to Sara Lawson's Blog  Sew Sweetness and sign up it goes on through June and if it is like last year you have till the middle of July to enter them into the contest... I did all of my bags in May and June last year!!!!

Here is my first....  I used quilting cotton and I always put SF101 on all pieces inside and out... I made the vinyl handles on this bag (they are not perfect)...  I also used Headliner Fabric in place of Annie's Soft and Stable...( I purchased the Headliner Fabric at Joann's used a coupon and got a lot for cheap!)





I have had a lot of questions about the pattern for the Wallet is was a free pattern on a Facebook Group "Sewing Totes Bags and Purses" the pattern is by Sherri Asamura Leong...... Although I made changes to the pattern.....    

Almost all of my hardware comes from Janelle at www.Emmalinebags.com who is also another awesome pattern writer and another favorite of mine!




Here is my second Companion Carpet Bag and it is made out of Flannel!  I used SF101 on the pieces and the interior is from Quilting Cotton I purchased all of fabric for the purse below at Expressions in Thread in LeClaire, Iowa (across the river from me)!







AND for your viewing enjoyment.... this is the view out my front door this morning!  We received 6 1/2 inches of SNOW last night!  Do you Want to Build a Snowman?  ;)



Happy Tuesday!  Nancy

I linked up at Freemotion by the River....


9 comments:

  1. Your bags are incredible! I LOVE THEM! The finish work is just impeccable (I always think it is finish work that makes the difference between a good bag and a GREAT BAG). Yours are uber GREAT! And, yes, a snowman sounds like fun!!!! Have a nice day, thanks for sharing those beautiful bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you Andrea!! But I can always point out my mistakes.... ;)

      Delete
  2. I think they are beautifully made. The brown one is my favorite. I love the classy look the textured fabric gives to the bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the brown one, but there is something about the gray with floral that catches my eye!

      Delete
  3. OMG!! Those are gorgeous!!!! Seriously look store-bought! Wonderful work :-)

    ~ Jess ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I LOVE both sets! Keep up the great work...I am looking forward to seeing them each month of the club! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine! Now onto the Sugar and Spice Sew Along! Cannot wait to see your pattern for BOM!!!

      Delete

Your comments are treasured!